The safety of our distribution network for consumers, employees, contractors and the wider community is of primary importance to Buller Electricity.
You can take simple steps to make ensure your safety around our distribution network and at home:
- Treat all electricity lines and cables as live at all times
- Report electricity faults and loss of supply to your electricity retailer by phone (use their fault number if they have one)
- Call 111 immediately if there is an injury or risk of a fire
- Contact us if trees are growing near power lines and need to be trimmed to avoid interference. More information on the obligations of land owners and the services Buller Electricity provides can be found here.
- Follow safe working practices when working near power lines and cables
- Be prepared in the event of a natural disaster or extended power outage
Register with your electricity retailer if you are a medically dependent customer